Commissioned Portrait Pricing Guide
My goal is to create portraits which years in the future you will still love.
I personally do all photo shoots. combining my extensive experience in portraiture, fashion, journalism and fine art photography to create beautiful and unique images.
I do no more than two full shoots a day, so shoots are not rushed and quite fun.
- 1/2 studio shoot
- up to 45 minutes
- One clothing option
- Makeup artist not available
Full Studio Shoot
up to 2 hours
Location Full Shoot
- Full Location Shoot Outside
- up to 2 hours
- Inside shoots with lighting +$100
- Extended Shoot with both Studio and Location available.
- Multiple clothing options
- Up to 4 hours
- Portfolio purchase required
Prints and More Pricing
Here are some examples of our most popular products. More extensive price lists and custom sizes are available upon request. Most client end up spending between $1500-$15,000
Siblings and Family +$100-150
Professional Makeup Artist $150
Clothing Stylist $75-150
Out of town shoots by quote
8x10 | $470
11x14 | $750
16x20 | $1400
20x24 | $1850
30X40 | $3200
other sizes available
Museum Prints are edited & printed in my studio on the finest archival papers. Generic photo filters are not used. Each image is treated as a separate work of art. These prints are subtle and beautiful and each one can take hours, sometimes days to complete. If taken care of, these prints should last for generations to come. Color + 10%
cards and Frames
Price depends on design and quantity. Ask for separate price list.
Our cards are designed in the studio and are perfect for holidays, announcements and thank you cards. Just select your favorite images and what you want to say, we'll do the rest!
My collection of frames, both contemporary traditional, coordinates with my work perfectly, and we frame to archival standards. Several of my frames are handmade and designed for us.
8x10 print on 11x14 mat in a folio box or book
(photo shoot not included)
6x | $2295
12x | $4200
20x | $6750
The iPad Portfolio includes digital images that are professionally edited. They are for viewing on apple iPad, iPhone, Android devices, personal websites, computers and social media. Click here to see a sample portfolio. Digital portfolios are not licensed for printing.
The Museum Book is a collection of photographs from one or more sittings. Your favorite images are printed in the studio on German fine art paper and then hand-bound into a beautiful handmade artisan crafted album.
The Professional Portfolio (pictured) is a larger, embossed leather bound book used by models, actors, musicians or anyone who needs or wants a portfolio.
The iPad Portfolio includes digital images that are professionally edited. They are for viewing on apple iPad, iPhone, Android devices, personal websites, computers and social media. Click here to see a sample portfolio.
Note: These images are not licensed for personal printing or commercial use.
$50 each | if a Museum Print is ordered of the image
$90 each | if a Folio Print is ordered of the image
$195 each | if a print has not been ordered of the image
Memories are preserved best when printed, but we know that sometimes you just want to post something. Available after a $1500 Print of Folio order. These files are not licensed or sized for personal printing or commercial use.
- I make portraits on the couture level. My business is about creating amazing finished portraits, not half-finished discs of images. The point of taking 600-2000 images in a shoot is not to have all of those images, but to find and use those few great ones and make them amazing in post production.
- Getting a thumb drive of all the images means that you get more images, but you would would miss out on what makes our final images exceptional in detail, depth and beauty.
Why are some photographers less expensive?
- Other photographers are offering a completely different product. It's easy to take some pictures and hand someone a disc. It takes experience and time to achieve the museum quality prints we produce.
- Many cheaper photographers use quick skin smoothing or effect filters to achieve their "completely edited" pictures. The best professional retoucher is on my staff. He has over 40 years of experience in both digital and film photography. We work together on the final prints. These take hours and sometimes days to complete. You would be surprised by the amount of time it takes to get it just right.
- The shoot amounts to only a small portion of the time we spend for each client. Most of our time is spent testing and calibrating equipment, scouting locations, prepping before the shoot, selecting images from the shoot, projecting the proofs for you, talking through the final product and producing the final images.
- I shoot everything myself with top of the line equipment and materials, and I have backup equipment ready when there are problems.
- Shoots and final images are archived on multiple drives. Many clients come back years later to order additional images.
See us in action
Schedule a Consultation
Have questions or ready to book? Schedule a 10-15 minute consultation either on the phone or in person.
About John Derryberry
John has photographed hundreds of clients over the decades from presidential candidates, Fortune 500 companies and families. Much for his aesthetic comes from living and teaching in Japan after college at SMU where he studied studio art, art history and anthropology. Since then, his life has been a long study of light, gesture and timing. "I use these to find that which is unique in each subject I shoot."
Click Here to get my commissioned Portrait Tips