Commissioned Portrait Pricing Guide
My goal is to create portraits which years in the future you will still love.
I personally do all photo shoots. combining my extensive experience in portraiture, fashion, journalism and fine art photography to create beautiful and unique images.
I do no more than two full shoots a day, so shoots are not rushed and quite fun.
- 1/2 studio shoot
- up to 45 minutes
- One clothing option
- Makeup artist not available
- images not included-see below
- Full Studio Shoot
- 3 outfits
- up to 2 hours
- images not included-see pricing below
Location Full Shoot
- Full Location Shoot Outside
- up to 2 hours
- Inside shoots with lighting +$100
- images not included-see pricing below
- Extended Shoot with both Studio and Location available.
- Multiple clothing options
- Up to 4 hours
- images not included-see beloFolio purchase required (see below)
Prints and More Pricing
Here are some examples of our most popular products. More extensive price lists and custom sizes are available upon request. Most client end up spending between $1500-$15,000
Siblings and Family +$50-150
Professional Makeup Artist $150
Clothing Stylist $75-150
Out of town shoots by quote
30X40 | $3200
20x24 | $1850
16x20 | $1400
11x14 | $750
8x10 | $470
other sizes available
Museum Prints are edited & printed in my studio on the finest archival papers. Generic photo filters are not used. Each image is treated as a separate work of art. These prints are subtle and beautiful and each one can take hours, sometimes days to complete. If taken care of, these prints should last for generations to come. Color + 10%
cards and Frames
Price depends on design and quantity. Ask for separate price list.
Our cards are designed in the studio and are perfect for holidays, announcements and thank you cards. Just select your favorite images and what you want to say, we'll do the rest!
My collection of frames, both contemporary traditional, coordinates with my work perfectly, and we frame to archival standards. Several of my frames are handmade and designed for us.
8x10 print on 11x14 mat in a folio box or book
(photo shoot not included)
6x | $2295
12x | $4200
20x | $6750
The iPad Portfolio includes digital images that are professionally edited. They are for viewing on apple iPad, iPhone, Android devices, personal websites, computers and social media. Click here to see a sample portfolio. Digital portfolios are not licensed for printing.
The Museum Book is a collection of photographs from one or more sittings. Your favorite images are printed in the studio on German fine art paper and then hand-bound into a beautiful handmade artisan crafted album.
The Professional Portfolio (pictured) is a larger, embossed leather bound book used by models, actors, musicians or anyone who needs or wants a portfolio.
The iPad Portfolio includes digital images that are professionally edited. They are for viewing on apple iPad, iPhone, Android devices, personal websites, computers and social media. Click here to see a sample portfolio.
Note: These images are not licensed for personal printing or commercial use.
$50 each | if a Museum Print is ordered of the image
$90 each | if a Folio Print is ordered of the image
$195 each | if a print has not been ordered of the image
Memories are preserved best when printed, but we know that sometimes you just want to post something. Available after a $1500 Print of Folio order. These files are not licensed or sized for personal printing or commercial use.
Why can't I just have a disk of images?
- I make portraits on the couture level. My art is about creating amazing finished portraits, not a half-baked discs of images. The point of taking 600-2000 images in a shoot is not to have all of those images, but to find and use those few great ones and make them even more amazing in post production.
- Getting all of the images means that you get more images, but you would would miss out on much of what makes my final images exceptional in detail, depth and beauty.
Why are some photographers less expensive?
- Other photographers are offering a completely different product.
- It takes experience, dedication and time to achieve the artistic, museum quality prints we produce. It's easy to take some pictures and hand someone a disc or send it to an outside lab for printing, but the quality is not the same.
- My shoots are extensive but the shoot amounts to only a small portion of the time we spend for each client. Most of our time is spent scouting locations, prepping before the shoot, selecting the best images, projecting the proofs for you, talking through the final product and mostly producing the final images.
- Many cheap photographers use quick, automatic skin smoothing or effect filters to achieve their "completely edited" pictures.
- I have the most amazing professional retoucher I have ever met on my staff. He has over 40 years of experience in both digital and analog photography. We work together on the final prints. These take hours and sometimes days to get it just right. But in the end it is worth it!
- I shoot everything myself with top of the line equipment and I have backup equipment ready if there are problems.
- Shoots and final images are archived. Many clients come back years later to order additional images.
See us in action
Schedule a Consultation
Have questions or ready to book? Schedule a 10-15 minute consultation either on the phone or in person.
About John Derryberry
John has photographed millions of images from presidential candidates, fashion houses, Fortune 500 companies and families. Much for his aesthetic comes from living and teaching in Japan after college at SMU where he studied studio art, art history and anthropology. Since then, his life has been a long study of light, gesture and timing. "I use these to find that which is unique in each subject I shoot."